Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
KY Supreme Court
Thu October 17, 2013
KY Supreme Court To Hear Informant Case
The Kentucky Supreme Court is set to hear an appeal lawsuit brought by the family of a man who was killed while serving as an informant for the Kentucky State Police.
The high court will hear arguments today from the family of LeBron Gaither, who died in July 1996 during a controlled drug buy on a drive between Taylorsville and Casey County.
The Kentucky Board of Claims awarded Gaither's family $168,000.
The board concluded that after exposing Gaither in the public hallways of two courthouses and giving his name to grand jurors, detectives should not have used him again for drug buys.
A Franklin County Circuit Court judge and The Kentucky Court of Appeals have rejected the award.