Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue October 8, 2013
KY Students Urged To Spread Message About Drug Abuse
Kentucky students are being recruited to spread the message about the dangers of prescription drug abuse.
State Attorney General Jack Conway announced yesterday the start of a public service announcement contest for middle and high school students. As part of the competition, Kentucky students will produce a 30-second video showing the perils of prescription drug abuse.
The first-place winner will receive an Apple iPad. The runner-up will receive a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
The deadline for submitting a video is Dec. 6. Winners will be announced a week later.
Students wanting to find out how to submit a PSA for consideration can visit the attorney general's prescription drug abuse prevention page at http://ag.ky.gov/rxabuse .