Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu August 29, 2013
KY State Police Work To Reduce Holiday Wrecks
Kentucky State Police will be trying to keep the number of vehicle collisions down during the upcoming holiday weekend. With troopers' "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign, the agency will increase enforcement and use saturation patrols and safety checkpoints to improve this year's Labor Day weekend statistics. State police say there were 1,532 crashes last year with 470 injuries and nine fatalities.
Of those fatalities, four cases were alcohol-related, eight involved motor vehicles with no seat belts in use by the victims. The weekend period begins at 6 p.m. Friday and ends at 11:59 p.m. Monday.