Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri September 27, 2013
KY State Police To Investigate Shredded LRC Documents
The Kentucky State Police will investigate whether any laws were broken when former Legislative Research Commission Director Bobby Sherman shredded documents in his Capitol office Sunday, two days after he resigned.
Sergeant Rick Saint-Blancard said yesterday the case has been assigned to the state police special investigations unit. House Speaker Greg Stumbo turned over memos to state police Wednesday, including his own note suggesting that investigators take whatever action they deem appropriate.
Stumbo's move came after Louisville attorney Thomas Clay and House Republican Floor Leader Jeff Hoover called for an investigation. Clay said he's concerned that Sherman might have destroyed documents related to sexual harassment complaints.