Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri September 27, 2013
KY State Police To Investigate Shredded LRC Documents
The Kentucky State Police will investigate whether any laws were broken when former Legislative Research Commission Director Bobby Sherman shredded documents in his Capitol office Sunday, two days after he resigned.
Sergeant Rick Saint-Blancard said yesterday the case has been assigned to the state police special investigations unit. House Speaker Greg Stumbo turned over memos to state police Wednesday, including his own note suggesting that investigators take whatever action they deem appropriate.
Stumbo's move came after Louisville attorney Thomas Clay and House Republican Floor Leader Jeff Hoover called for an investigation. Clay said he's concerned that Sherman might have destroyed documents related to sexual harassment complaints.