Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 27, 2013
KY State Police To Investigate Shredded LRC Documents
The Kentucky State Police will investigate whether any laws were broken when former Legislative Research Commission Director Bobby Sherman shredded documents in his Capitol office Sunday, two days after he resigned.
Sergeant Rick Saint-Blancard said yesterday the case has been assigned to the state police special investigations unit. House Speaker Greg Stumbo turned over memos to state police Wednesday, including his own note suggesting that investigators take whatever action they deem appropriate.
Stumbo's move came after Louisville attorney Thomas Clay and House Republican Floor Leader Jeff Hoover called for an investigation. Clay said he's concerned that Sherman might have destroyed documents related to sexual harassment complaints.