Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri September 27, 2013
KY State Police To Investigate Shredded LRC Documents
The Kentucky State Police will investigate whether any laws were broken when former Legislative Research Commission Director Bobby Sherman shredded documents in his Capitol office Sunday, two days after he resigned.
Sergeant Rick Saint-Blancard said yesterday the case has been assigned to the state police special investigations unit. House Speaker Greg Stumbo turned over memos to state police Wednesday, including his own note suggesting that investigators take whatever action they deem appropriate.
Stumbo's move came after Louisville attorney Thomas Clay and House Republican Floor Leader Jeff Hoover called for an investigation. Clay said he's concerned that Sherman might have destroyed documents related to sexual harassment complaints.