Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu October 17, 2013
KY State Parks Prepare Early For Eagle Tours
The Kentucky Department of Parks is urging nature lovers to make plans now for prime eagle-watching early next year.
Officials say bald eagles gather around Land Between the Lakes looking for food in January and February. Tours at three state parks will allow visitors to observe and learn about the famous birds of prey. They are led by state park naturalists and Department of Fish and Wildlife biologists.
Ticket prices for the tours range from $25 to $50.
The tours will be at Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park from January 10-12; Lake Barkley State Resort Park from January 24-26; and Kenlake State Resort Park from January 31 to Feb. 2.