Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu October 17, 2013
KY State Parks Prepare Early For Eagle Tours
The Kentucky Department of Parks is urging nature lovers to make plans now for prime eagle-watching early next year.
Officials say bald eagles gather around Land Between the Lakes looking for food in January and February. Tours at three state parks will allow visitors to observe and learn about the famous birds of prey. They are led by state park naturalists and Department of Fish and Wildlife biologists.
Ticket prices for the tours range from $25 to $50.
The tours will be at Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park from January 10-12; Lake Barkley State Resort Park from January 24-26; and Kenlake State Resort Park from January 31 to Feb. 2.