Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue October 15, 2013
KY State Parks Giving Discounts To Veterans
Kentucky State Parks will provide lodging discounts to active-duty military personnel and veterans between November 1 and March 31.
Parks Commissioner Elaine Walker says all that's necessary to claim the discounts is to provide proof of military service at check-in.
Under the discount, lodge rooms start at $44.95 a night and cottages range from $75.95 for a one-bedroom at 11 of the state's parks.
The cost is $5 more per night at Barren River, Cumberland Falls, Kentucky Dam Village, Lake Barkley, Lake Cumberland and Natural Bridge state parks.