Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri May 31, 2013
KY State Park Celebrates National Trails Day
Columbus-Belmont State Park is holding a living history program tomorrow in honor of National Trails Day. The park is a 160-acre Civil War site. For $2, features will include guided history hikes, encampments with cooking lessons, weapon demonstrations and a "school of the soldier." The fee includes museum admission and a bottle of water.
Fortifications were built at Columbus-Belmont by Confederate forces and later occupied by the Union. The park is 36 miles southwest of Paducah on Kentucky 58.