Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri May 31, 2013
KY State Park Celebrates National Trails Day
Columbus-Belmont State Park is holding a living history program tomorrow in honor of National Trails Day. The park is a 160-acre Civil War site. For $2, features will include guided history hikes, encampments with cooking lessons, weapon demonstrations and a "school of the soldier." The fee includes museum admission and a bottle of water.
Fortifications were built at Columbus-Belmont by Confederate forces and later occupied by the Union. The park is 36 miles southwest of Paducah on Kentucky 58.