Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 31, 2013
KY State Park Celebrates National Trails Day
Columbus-Belmont State Park is holding a living history program tomorrow in honor of National Trails Day. The park is a 160-acre Civil War site. For $2, features will include guided history hikes, encampments with cooking lessons, weapon demonstrations and a "school of the soldier." The fee includes museum admission and a bottle of water.
Fortifications were built at Columbus-Belmont by Confederate forces and later occupied by the Union. The park is 36 miles southwest of Paducah on Kentucky 58.