Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 27, 2012
KY Senate Republicans to Choose Leaders
Kentucky’s Republican state senators will choose that chamber’s next president today in Frankfort. GOP Floor Leader Robert Stivers and independent Senator Bob Leeper are candidates for the position. The chamber’s former president David Williams resigned to accept a judicial appointment in southern Kentucky.
The winner of the election won’t officially take the post until January. Because Stivers is seeking the presidency, his position as floor leader is open. Senator Damon Thayer and Senator David Givens are vying for that job. Senate President Pro Tem Katie Stine is unopposed.