Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue November 27, 2012
KY Senate Republicans to Choose Leaders
Kentucky’s Republican state senators will choose that chamber’s next president today in Frankfort. GOP Floor Leader Robert Stivers and independent Senator Bob Leeper are candidates for the position. The chamber’s former president David Williams resigned to accept a judicial appointment in southern Kentucky.
The winner of the election won’t officially take the post until January. Because Stivers is seeking the presidency, his position as floor leader is open. Senator Damon Thayer and Senator David Givens are vying for that job. Senate President Pro Tem Katie Stine is unopposed.