Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue November 27, 2012
KY Senate Republicans to Choose Leaders
Kentucky’s Republican state senators will choose that chamber’s next president today in Frankfort. GOP Floor Leader Robert Stivers and independent Senator Bob Leeper are candidates for the position. The chamber’s former president David Williams resigned to accept a judicial appointment in southern Kentucky.
The winner of the election won’t officially take the post until January. Because Stivers is seeking the presidency, his position as floor leader is open. Senator Damon Thayer and Senator David Givens are vying for that job. Senate President Pro Tem Katie Stine is unopposed.