Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu September 3, 2009
KY Senate President Critical of Job Offers
Frankfort, KY – The president of the Kentucky Senate says Governor Steve Beshear is "poisoning" the state's political environment by offering lawmakers jobs outside the General Assembly. Senate President David Williams says Beshear has targeted Senate Majority Floor Leader Dan Kelly for a possible judicial appointment in his district.
Beshear also appointed former Republican state Senator Charlie Borders to a plum position on the Kentucky Public Service Commission. Republicans lost Borders' old seat to a Democrat in a special election last week. Kelly declined to comment, saying he won't discuss what he called "speculation and rumor."
Beshear spokesman Jay Blanton says the governor competes in elections for Democrats and people who support his agenda.