Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu September 3, 2009
KY Senate President Critical of Job Offers
Frankfort, KY – The president of the Kentucky Senate says Governor Steve Beshear is "poisoning" the state's political environment by offering lawmakers jobs outside the General Assembly. Senate President David Williams says Beshear has targeted Senate Majority Floor Leader Dan Kelly for a possible judicial appointment in his district.
Beshear also appointed former Republican state Senator Charlie Borders to a plum position on the Kentucky Public Service Commission. Republicans lost Borders' old seat to a Democrat in a special election last week. Kelly declined to comment, saying he won't discuss what he called "speculation and rumor."
Beshear spokesman Jay Blanton says the governor competes in elections for Democrats and people who support his agenda.