Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu September 3, 2009
KY Senate President Critical of Job Offers
Frankfort, KY – The president of the Kentucky Senate says Governor Steve Beshear is "poisoning" the state's political environment by offering lawmakers jobs outside the General Assembly. Senate President David Williams says Beshear has targeted Senate Majority Floor Leader Dan Kelly for a possible judicial appointment in his district.
Beshear also appointed former Republican state Senator Charlie Borders to a plum position on the Kentucky Public Service Commission. Republicans lost Borders' old seat to a Democrat in a special election last week. Kelly declined to comment, saying he won't discuss what he called "speculation and rumor."
Beshear spokesman Jay Blanton says the governor competes in elections for Democrats and people who support his agenda.