Most Active Stories
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Mon November 19, 2012
Ky. Schools Receive Grants to Improve Teacher Quality
Murray State is among several Kentucky universities receiving federal grants to improve teacher quality. The grants from the Council on Postsecondary Education total $859,000. MSU and three other lead universities will partner with high-need school districts and five colleges, including Madisonville Community College.
Council President Bob King says the grant money will work toward making more high school students ready for college or careers when they graduate.