Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 19, 2012
Ky. Schools Receive Grants to Improve Teacher Quality
Murray State is among several Kentucky universities receiving federal grants to improve teacher quality. The grants from the Council on Postsecondary Education total $859,000. MSU and three other lead universities will partner with high-need school districts and five colleges, including Madisonville Community College.
Council President Bob King says the grant money will work toward making more high school students ready for college or careers when they graduate.