Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Mon May 6, 2013
KY School Districts Seek 'Innovation' Status
Kentucky education experts will soon be examining applications from public schools districts across the Commonwealth that want to become "Districts of Innovation." The state Education Department says the designation allows districts to seek exemption from some rules and regulations to try to improve student learning.
The idea is to let school districts change both the way they teach and how students learn with initiatives such as competency-based learning and a modified school schedule. Seventeen districts submitted applications for the designation. The board will select the districts June 5th.