Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu September 12, 2013
KY Rep. Wants Review Of Sexual Harassment Policies
Kentucky State Representative Sannie Overly is calling for an independent review of the Legislature's policies regarding workplace behavior in the wake of sexual harassment complaints against Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis. Overly, chairwoman of the House Democratic Caucus, said yesterday she intends to file a bill next year to mandate the review and create a new personnel system that would ensure a harassment-free workplace.
A special legislative committee has been appointed to investigate those complaints, which could ultimately recommend Arnold's censure or expulsion from the Legislature.