Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu September 12, 2013
KY Rep. Wants Review Of Sexual Harassment Policies
Kentucky State Representative Sannie Overly is calling for an independent review of the Legislature's policies regarding workplace behavior in the wake of sexual harassment complaints against Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis. Overly, chairwoman of the House Democratic Caucus, said yesterday she intends to file a bill next year to mandate the review and create a new personnel system that would ensure a harassment-free workplace.
A special legislative committee has been appointed to investigate those complaints, which could ultimately recommend Arnold's censure or expulsion from the Legislature.