Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu September 12, 2013
KY Rep. Wants Review Of Sexual Harassment Policies
Kentucky State Representative Sannie Overly is calling for an independent review of the Legislature's policies regarding workplace behavior in the wake of sexual harassment complaints against Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis. Overly, chairwoman of the House Democratic Caucus, said yesterday she intends to file a bill next year to mandate the review and create a new personnel system that would ensure a harassment-free workplace.
A special legislative committee has been appointed to investigate those complaints, which could ultimately recommend Arnold's censure or expulsion from the Legislature.