Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 9, 2008
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – A report sent to Kentucky lawmakers says one in three state prison inmates will be back behind bars within two years. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports a review requested last year by the legislature's Program Review and Investigations Committee went before the group Thursday. The committee wanted an examination of programs that teach
prison inmates how to find jobs and housing after their release. The Legislative Research Commission report finds re-entry programs vary widely from prison to prison and don't exist for state inmates held in county jails. About one-third of state inmates are housed in county facilities.