Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu June 20, 2013
KY To Receive $6 Million From Online Gambling Case
Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky will receive a settlement of more than $6 million from a case involving online gambling. The case dates back to 2008 when the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet filed suit to seize 141 domain names belonging to Internet gambling companies.
Kentucky later joined two federal lawsuits against some of those companies, leading to the settlement Beshear announced yesterday. Beshear says the money will go into the state's General Fund.