Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu June 20, 2013
KY To Receive $6 Million From Online Gambling Case
Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky will receive a settlement of more than $6 million from a case involving online gambling. The case dates back to 2008 when the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet filed suit to seize 141 domain names belonging to Internet gambling companies.
Kentucky later joined two federal lawsuits against some of those companies, leading to the settlement Beshear announced yesterday. Beshear says the money will go into the state's General Fund.