Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu June 20, 2013
KY To Receive $6 Million From Online Gambling Case
Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky will receive a settlement of more than $6 million from a case involving online gambling. The case dates back to 2008 when the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet filed suit to seize 141 domain names belonging to Internet gambling companies.
Kentucky later joined two federal lawsuits against some of those companies, leading to the settlement Beshear announced yesterday. Beshear says the money will go into the state's General Fund.