Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed May 22, 2013
KY Ranks No. 1 For WhiteTail Trophy Hunters
A magazine says Kentucky is number one when it comes to whitetail deer hunting. The latest issue of Outdoor Life ranks the Bluegrass State as the top whitetail trophy state in the country. The publication says western Kentucky was especially noteworthy for producing a relatively high number of trophy bucks. In tallying the scores, Kentucky ranked second in the number of record-book bucks.
But the state reached the top of the rankings due to a low hunter density, relatively low costs for guided hunts and hunter-friendly laws and regulations. The magazine ranks Kansas second. Among neighboring states, Indiana ranks third, Illinois sixth and Ohio ninth.