Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 22, 2013
KY Ranks No. 1 For WhiteTail Trophy Hunters
A magazine says Kentucky is number one when it comes to whitetail deer hunting. The latest issue of Outdoor Life ranks the Bluegrass State as the top whitetail trophy state in the country. The publication says western Kentucky was especially noteworthy for producing a relatively high number of trophy bucks. In tallying the scores, Kentucky ranked second in the number of record-book bucks.
But the state reached the top of the rankings due to a low hunter density, relatively low costs for guided hunts and hunter-friendly laws and regulations. The magazine ranks Kansas second. Among neighboring states, Indiana ranks third, Illinois sixth and Ohio ninth.