Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue January 22, 2013
KY Preacher Fights UT Speech Restrictions
A southern Kentucky evangelical preacher is asking the federal appeals court to strike down the University of Tennessee's requirement for speakers on campus have sponsorship and get the approval of school administrators.
The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati is scheduled Tuesday to hear arguments from John McGlone of Breeding, Kentucky and attorneys for the university. McGlone is challenging the university's requirements as an unconstitutional restriction on free speech. University officials argue the policies don't violate any of McGlone's rights. A federal judge in Knoxville dismissed the challenge in February 2011.