Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue January 22, 2013
KY Preacher Fights UT Speech Restrictions
A southern Kentucky evangelical preacher is asking the federal appeals court to strike down the University of Tennessee's requirement for speakers on campus have sponsorship and get the approval of school administrators.
The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati is scheduled Tuesday to hear arguments from John McGlone of Breeding, Kentucky and attorneys for the university. McGlone is challenging the university's requirements as an unconstitutional restriction on free speech. University officials argue the policies don't violate any of McGlone's rights. A federal judge in Knoxville dismissed the challenge in February 2011.