Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue January 22, 2013
KY Preacher Fights UT Speech Restrictions
A southern Kentucky evangelical preacher is asking the federal appeals court to strike down the University of Tennessee's requirement for speakers on campus have sponsorship and get the approval of school administrators.
The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati is scheduled Tuesday to hear arguments from John McGlone of Breeding, Kentucky and attorneys for the university. McGlone is challenging the university's requirements as an unconstitutional restriction on free speech. University officials argue the policies don't violate any of McGlone's rights. A federal judge in Knoxville dismissed the challenge in February 2011.