Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue September 3, 2013
KY Power Plants' Online Security To Be Assessed
The Kentucky Public Service Commission has been awarded a grant to study cyber risks at smaller electric utilities. The study will include between three and six cooperatives. It will assess the cyber risks to the cooperatives and how to mitigate the risks.
Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives president Bill Corum says the study will have far-reaching benefits for the state's smaller power suppliers. C.H. Guernsey & Co. has been selected to conduct the study. The grant money was awarded by the National Association of Utility Regulatory Commissioners, with funding from the Department of Energy. Kentucky's PSC has jurisdiction over 19 electric cooperatives in Kentucky.