Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 30, 2009
KY Power Company Absent from Phone Book
Hopkinsville, KY – Customers of Hopkinsville Electric System may be stumbling in the dark looking for a phone number that isn't there. The utility's phone number isn't in the new AT&T phone book, marking the first time the power company has gone unlisted. Utility general manager Austin Carroll says the lack of a listing is due to a breakdown between the utility's phone service provider, Bandwidth.com, and AT&T. Carroll says Bandwith.com failed to place the listing with AT&T.
Carroll says a calendar with HES phone numbers will be in the mail next month and tear-out ads with the phone numbers are being published in the Kentucky New Era, and a special billing stuffer will be included in monthly statements.