Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 30, 2009
KY Power Company Absent from Phone Book
Hopkinsville, KY – Customers of Hopkinsville Electric System may be stumbling in the dark looking for a phone number that isn't there. The utility's phone number isn't in the new AT&T phone book, marking the first time the power company has gone unlisted. Utility general manager Austin Carroll says the lack of a listing is due to a breakdown between the utility's phone service provider, Bandwidth.com, and AT&T. Carroll says Bandwith.com failed to place the listing with AT&T.
Carroll says a calendar with HES phone numbers will be in the mail next month and tear-out ads with the phone numbers are being published in the Kentucky New Era, and a special billing stuffer will be included in monthly statements.