Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue August 18, 2009
KY Panel to Look at Spending by 2 Organizations
Frankfort, KY – A Kentucky legislative panel will hear testimony from representatives of two organizations for local governments that have been scrutinized for their spending habits. Officials from the Kentucky Association of Counties and the Kentucky League of Cities are scheduled to appear before the Interim Joint Committee on Local Government August 26th.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reported earlier this summer that the Association's top five staff members spent $600,000 in two years on travel, meals, sports tickets, gifts and other expenses. The group is funded by more than 100 Kentucky member counties. The newspaper also reported three League of Cities executives accumulated $300,000 in credit card expenses over three years. The organization provides lobbying and other services to 382 Kentucky cities.