Most Active Stories
- School and University Closings: Tuesday, Feb 17 (Murray State University Closed)
- School and University Closings: Wednesday, Feb 18 (Murray State University Closed)
- School and University Closings: Thursday, Feb 19 (Murray State University Closed)
- Murray State Prepares Backup Generators for Possible TVA Shutoff
- (UPDATE: Arrangements Changed) Longtime Murray State Supporter & Administrator Jim Carter Dies
Tue October 29, 2013
Ky. Office of Education Accountability Finds Multiple Violations in McCracken County Schools
After concluding an investigation, the Kentucky General Assembly Office of Education Accountability has found McCracken County Public Schools and Superintendent Nancy Waldrop in violation of several statutes.
Nine allegations of wrongdoing were leveled at Waldrop and MCPS since 2010, prompting the Office of Education Accountability’s investigation. The OEA concluded that three of the allegations were valid, including Waldrop’s implementation of a hiring procedure which permitted her to reject candidates selected by school principals and councils.
The OEA also concluded that the district has not provided the required amount of kindergarten aides and Waldrop failed to provide proper notice of non-renewal to an employee.
Waldrop has been ordered to undergo training in the areas of wrongdoing and provide the required amount of kindergarten aides.
"In every instance we have sought approval and received approal from the Kentucky Department of Education, and some of these procedures have been in place for more than 10 years," Waldrop said in a statement.
In 2012, the OEA investigated 79 cases in the commonwealth’s 173 school districts.