Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue September 4, 2012
Ky. National Guard Deploys to Horn of Africa
Over 500 Kentucky National Guard members are on their way to the Horn of Africa. Soldiers from all over the state, including Paducah, Cadiz, Hopkinsville, Owensboro and Madisonville set out for a nine month deployment as part of the 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery.
The Lexington-based unit’s mission is to promote regional security and stability while strengthening national relationships. The last time the 2/138th deployed to Africa was in the 1990s as part of famine relief in Somalia and Rwanda.