Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue September 4, 2012
Ky. National Guard Deploys to Horn of Africa
Over 500 Kentucky National Guard members are on their way to the Horn of Africa. Soldiers from all over the state, including Paducah, Cadiz, Hopkinsville, Owensboro and Madisonville set out for a nine month deployment as part of the 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery.
The Lexington-based unit’s mission is to promote regional security and stability while strengthening national relationships. The last time the 2/138th deployed to Africa was in the 1990s as part of famine relief in Somalia and Rwanda.