Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue September 4, 2012
Ky. National Guard Deploys to Horn of Africa
Over 500 Kentucky National Guard members are on their way to the Horn of Africa. Soldiers from all over the state, including Paducah, Cadiz, Hopkinsville, Owensboro and Madisonville set out for a nine month deployment as part of the 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery.
The Lexington-based unit’s mission is to promote regional security and stability while strengthening national relationships. The last time the 2/138th deployed to Africa was in the 1990s as part of famine relief in Somalia and Rwanda.