Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue June 18, 2013
KY Middle School Sports May Fall Under Regulations
Kentucky lawmakers are reviewing a proposal that would place middle school athletics under the purview of the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. If approved, the measure would mark the first time middle schools fell under statewide oversight.
The state board of education has already signed on to the concept. The regulation was filed with the Legislative Research Commission last Friday. After a month long public comment period and a public hearing, the General Assembly's Administrative Regulation Review Subcommittee and the Interim Joint Committee on Education will give the regulation a final review.