Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 18, 2013
KY Middle School Sports May Fall Under Regulations
Kentucky lawmakers are reviewing a proposal that would place middle school athletics under the purview of the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. If approved, the measure would mark the first time middle schools fell under statewide oversight.
The state board of education has already signed on to the concept. The regulation was filed with the Legislative Research Commission last Friday. After a month long public comment period and a public hearing, the General Assembly's Administrative Regulation Review Subcommittee and the Interim Joint Committee on Education will give the regulation a final review.