Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue May 7, 2013
KY Medicaid Managed Care Group Announces Layoffs
One of Kentucky's Medicaid managed care groups will begin laying off workers next month to prepare for shutting down. Kentucky Spirit Health Plan, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Centene Corporation, announced last fall that it would exercise a contractual right to end its contract with the state effective July 5th. The organization notified state and local government officials and its 145 employees of the impending layoffs yesterday.
The organization says the first round of layoffs will be on July 5th with subsequent layoffs within six months. Kentucky Spirit says it is committed to helping the 140,000 clients it serves transition to other providers. The Commonwealth has three other Medicaid contractors.