Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 7, 2013
KY Medicaid Managed Care Group Announces Layoffs
One of Kentucky's Medicaid managed care groups will begin laying off workers next month to prepare for shutting down. Kentucky Spirit Health Plan, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Centene Corporation, announced last fall that it would exercise a contractual right to end its contract with the state effective July 5th. The organization notified state and local government officials and its 145 employees of the impending layoffs yesterday.
The organization says the first round of layoffs will be on July 5th with subsequent layoffs within six months. Kentucky Spirit says it is committed to helping the 140,000 clients it serves transition to other providers. The Commonwealth has three other Medicaid contractors.