Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed October 22, 2008
KY Man Arraigned in Slayings
By Todd Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Kentucky State Police say a man charged with three counts of capital murder in southwest Kentucky near Fort Campbell once lived near the victims.
KSP Post 1 Spokesman Dean Patterson says 36-year-old Kevin Wayne Dunlap of Hopkinsville once lived "down the road" from the home where two teen sisters and their brother were slain last week. Patterson says the possibility exists "that they at least knew each other" but he declined to elaborate or say if they knew each other more recently.
Dunlap was arrested Saturday. He made his first court appearance Monday by video from jail and did not enter a plea to three counts of capital murder and other charges in the slayings of 17-year-old Kayla Williams, 14-year-old Kortney Frensley and 5-year-old Ethan Frensley.
The three were found dead at a burning house in Roaring Spring last week. Their mother, Kristy Frensley, was wounded but survived.