Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue November 26, 2013
KY Lottery Sales Top $15 Billion
The Kentucky Lottery Corporation says it has reached $15 billion in sales since the lottery was started in 1989.
At a board of directors meeting yesterday officials also announced $9 billion has been paid in prizes to players and $4 billion has been turned over to the state.
Lottery President and CEO Arch Gleason says the lottery has given more than $2 billion for college scholarships and grants since 1999.
The lottery started a new game, Keno, on November 4 and reported $1 point 7 million dollars in Keno sales through Thursday.