Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue November 26, 2013
KY Lottery Sales Top $15 Billion
The Kentucky Lottery Corporation says it has reached $15 billion in sales since the lottery was started in 1989.
At a board of directors meeting yesterday officials also announced $9 billion has been paid in prizes to players and $4 billion has been turned over to the state.
Lottery President and CEO Arch Gleason says the lottery has given more than $2 billion for college scholarships and grants since 1999.
The lottery started a new game, Keno, on November 4 and reported $1 point 7 million dollars in Keno sales through Thursday.