Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue November 26, 2013
KY Lottery Sales Top $15 Billion
The Kentucky Lottery Corporation says it has reached $15 billion in sales since the lottery was started in 1989.
At a board of directors meeting yesterday officials also announced $9 billion has been paid in prizes to players and $4 billion has been turned over to the state.
Lottery President and CEO Arch Gleason says the lottery has given more than $2 billion for college scholarships and grants since 1999.
The lottery started a new game, Keno, on November 4 and reported $1 point 7 million dollars in Keno sales through Thursday.