Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu March 14, 2013
KY Legislator Revamps State's Code Of Military Justice
Kentucky State Representative Tanya Pullin has maneuvered a bill through the legislature that modernizes an aged code of military justice for the Kentucky National Guard. Pullin chairs the House Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Safety Committee and she’s been working on the rewrites for the last two years.
She says the changes essentially bring the state's code of military justice up to date and adopt provisions from the federal code. Many of the changes were needed because of technical advances over the decades. One provision, for example, updates the definition of a court-martial transcript to include a written summary, audiotape, digital image or electronic file. Pullin maneuvered the 94-page bill through the Legislature with little notice. It now awaits Gov. Steve Beshear's signature.