Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon March 4, 2013
KY Lawmakers Review Redistricting
Kentucky House lawmakers are set to review their redistricting bill in committee. House State Government Committee Chairmen Brent Yonts says a redistricting bill will be unveiled after the House's 2 p.m. session today.
Lawmakers will need to rush to get the matter resolved. Only about nine working days remain in the current legislative session. The Kentucky Supreme Court struck down redistricting legislation passed last year. Justices found the new districts weren't balanced by population and didn't comply with the "one person, one vote" mandate in federal and state law.