Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon March 4, 2013
KY Lawmakers Review Redistricting
Kentucky House lawmakers are set to review their redistricting bill in committee. House State Government Committee Chairmen Brent Yonts says a redistricting bill will be unveiled after the House's 2 p.m. session today.
Lawmakers will need to rush to get the matter resolved. Only about nine working days remain in the current legislative session. The Kentucky Supreme Court struck down redistricting legislation passed last year. Justices found the new districts weren't balanced by population and didn't comply with the "one person, one vote" mandate in federal and state law.