Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon March 4, 2013
KY Lawmakers Review Redistricting
Kentucky House lawmakers are set to review their redistricting bill in committee. House State Government Committee Chairmen Brent Yonts says a redistricting bill will be unveiled after the House's 2 p.m. session today.
Lawmakers will need to rush to get the matter resolved. Only about nine working days remain in the current legislative session. The Kentucky Supreme Court struck down redistricting legislation passed last year. Justices found the new districts weren't balanced by population and didn't comply with the "one person, one vote" mandate in federal and state law.