Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon March 4, 2013
KY Lawmakers Review Redistricting
Kentucky House lawmakers are set to review their redistricting bill in committee. House State Government Committee Chairmen Brent Yonts says a redistricting bill will be unveiled after the House's 2 p.m. session today.
Lawmakers will need to rush to get the matter resolved. Only about nine working days remain in the current legislative session. The Kentucky Supreme Court struck down redistricting legislation passed last year. Justices found the new districts weren't balanced by population and didn't comply with the "one person, one vote" mandate in federal and state law.