Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu January 9, 2014
KY Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Legislation
Health advocates are preparing another push for a statewide smoking ban in some public places, and the campaign is drawing bipartisan support from some Kentucky lawmakers.
Republican Senator Julie Denton of Louisville and Democratic Representative Susan Westrom of Lexington said yesterday they will file statewide smoke-free legislation.
They said everyone has the right to breathe smoke-free air at work and in public.
There's already patchwork of local smoking bans in Kentucky.
Tobacco production has dropped in Kentucky during the past decade, but the state remains the nation's leading producer of burley tobacco, an ingredient in many cigarettes.