Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon March 18, 2013
KY Judge To Hear Arguments Over Execution
Attorneys for Kentucky are set to argue why lethal injections should be allowed to go forward for the first time in more than four years. Franklin Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd will hear arguments at 2 this afternoon in Frankfort. Earlier this year, the Commonwealth switched from using three drugs to carry out a lethal injection to a method that uses 3 grams of sodium thiopental or 5 grams of pentobarbital — similar to Ohio’s method.
Shepherd halted lethal injections in 2010, expressing concerns about the method. He later ordered the state to drop the three-drug method or defend it in court.