Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed December 19, 2012
KY Joins Drunken Driving Campaign
Kentucky is joining a national campaign to help end drunken driving deaths and injuries. Governor Steve Beshear launched the HERO Campaign yesterday, encouraging people to drive sober and participate in designated driver programs.
HERO works with schools, businesses, law enforcement agencies and other organizations to promote safe and sober designated drivers. The effort also encourages bars and restaurants to serve free soft drinks to designated drivers and asks schools to integrate the campaign into educational programs. HERO was inspired by Navy Ensign John Elliott who was killed by a drunken driver in 2000.