Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 21, 2012
KY Joins Amgen Settlement
Kentucky is joining other states and the federal government in a $614 million settlement with drug manufacturer Amgen to resolve its illegal marketing practices. Attorney General Jack Conway says Kentucky will receive more than $1.1 million in the settlement. After reimbursing the federal government, the state’s Medicaid program will retain almost $314,000.
The states and federal government are accusing Amgen of illegally marketing and promoting drugs like Aransep, Epogen and Enbrel for uses that are not medically accepted. Amgen also paid illegal kickbacks to physicians and other medical providers. This is the second time Conway has recovered money from Amgen.