Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu December 17, 2009
KY Impact of Health Reform Bill
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – A recent study by non-partisan group Families USA finds almost a half-million Kentuckians stand to gain health insurance coverage by 2019. That's if the current healthcare reform bill is passed by congress. Executive Director Ron Pollack says Kentucky has more than 600,000 uninsured.
"If health reform fails, 109,000 people will be added to the ranks of the uninsured," he says.
According to Pollack, the expanded coverage would mostly be the result of widening eligibility to Medicaid programs.