Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu December 17, 2009
KY Impact of Health Reform Bill
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – A recent study by non-partisan group Families USA finds almost a half-million Kentuckians stand to gain health insurance coverage by 2019. That's if the current healthcare reform bill is passed by congress. Executive Director Ron Pollack says Kentucky has more than 600,000 uninsured.
"If health reform fails, 109,000 people will be added to the ranks of the uninsured," he says.
According to Pollack, the expanded coverage would mostly be the result of widening eligibility to Medicaid programs.