Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 17, 2009
KY Impact of Health Reform Bill
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – A recent study by non-partisan group Families USA finds almost a half-million Kentuckians stand to gain health insurance coverage by 2019. That's if the current healthcare reform bill is passed by congress. Executive Director Ron Pollack says Kentucky has more than 600,000 uninsured.
"If health reform fails, 109,000 people will be added to the ranks of the uninsured," he says.
According to Pollack, the expanded coverage would mostly be the result of widening eligibility to Medicaid programs.