Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon May 13, 2013
KY, IL Plan Public Meetings for Cairo Bridge Input
Highway department officials have set dates for two public meetings this month to discuss options for improving or replacing the U.S. 51 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe, Ky. and Cairo, Ill.
The first meeting is Monday, May 20 from 4-7 p.m. at Cairo High School. The second meeting is Tuesday, May 21 from 4-7 p.m. at the Ballard Center Community Room in La Center.
Kentucky and Illinois highway officials are working with the Federal Highway Administration to gather public input.
The 75-year-old bridge is set for more than two months of repairs beginning in June. During that time, vehicles wider than 7 ft. will be faced with an 80-mile detour between Wickliffe and Cairo.
Roads & Highways