Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu May 2, 2013
KY Hunting And Fishing License Sales Set April Record
Kentucky has set a record with April's sales of hunting and fishing licenses. The state Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources says sales totaled more than $7 million. Fish and Wildlife Budget Director Scott King says the mark broke the previous record by $140,000 and is $800,000 more than the April average.
The agency says it’s been offering convenience and opportunity for customers. Among the projects are a mobile app that allows searching for nearby fishing holes with GPS-enabled smart phones and using smart phones to buy hunting permits, check deer or find season dates. The department's website also offers information for outdoors enthusiasts, and officials say it received 17 million hits last year.