Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu January 30, 2014
KY House Passes School Accountability Bill
The Kentucky House voted to strengthen accountability standards for public school districts in the wake of financial misdeeds among some school officials.
The measure requires school finance officers to make monthly reports to local school boards and provide an annual report to the state Education Department.
The bill cleared the House on a 58-41 vote yesterday and now goes to the Senate. State Auditor Adam Edelen praised the House action.
He said his office has found hundreds of thousands of dollars abused and misspent in school district audits in the past year and a half.