Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 30, 2014
KY House Passes School Accountability Bill
The Kentucky House voted to strengthen accountability standards for public school districts in the wake of financial misdeeds among some school officials.
The measure requires school finance officers to make monthly reports to local school boards and provide an annual report to the state Education Department.
The bill cleared the House on a 58-41 vote yesterday and now goes to the Senate. State Auditor Adam Edelen praised the House action.
He said his office has found hundreds of thousands of dollars abused and misspent in school district audits in the past year and a half.