Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed February 15, 2012
KY House Committee Approves Amish Buggy Bill
The House Transportation Committee has approved legislation that would allow the Amish to use reflective tape on their horse-drawn buggies rather than bright orange triangular signs that some object to on religious grounds. The measure was passed on Tuesday and now goes to the full House for consideration. The Senate approved similar legislation last week. Both the House and Senate versions would allow the drab Amish buggies to be outlined with gray or silver reflective tape that makes them shine brilliantly in the dark when they reflect car lights. The Amish avoid displaying bright colors and they object to the three-cornered shape of the slow-moving vehicle emblems.