Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed February 15, 2012
KY House Committee Approves Amish Buggy Bill
The House Transportation Committee has approved legislation that would allow the Amish to use reflective tape on their horse-drawn buggies rather than bright orange triangular signs that some object to on religious grounds. The measure was passed on Tuesday and now goes to the full House for consideration. The Senate approved similar legislation last week. Both the House and Senate versions would allow the drab Amish buggies to be outlined with gray or silver reflective tape that makes them shine brilliantly in the dark when they reflect car lights. The Amish avoid displaying bright colors and they object to the three-cornered shape of the slow-moving vehicle emblems.