Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue March 12, 2013
KY GOP Recognizes Sen. Paul’s Filibuster
The Kentucky GOP executive committee has passed a resolution applauding U.S. Senator Rand Paul as a "shining example of Republican leadership" for last week's nearly 13-hour filibuster. Once a political outsider in Kentucky, the resolution suggests that Paul has won support even among establishment Republicans in the state.
Paul's filibuster delayed the confirmation of President Barack Obama's pick for CIA director, drawing national attention. In a resolution passed Sunday, the Kentucky GOP praised Paul for taking a principled stand that "ignited a grassroots phenomenon" across the country.