Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue March 12, 2013
KY GOP Recognizes Sen. Paul’s Filibuster
The Kentucky GOP executive committee has passed a resolution applauding U.S. Senator Rand Paul as a "shining example of Republican leadership" for last week's nearly 13-hour filibuster. Once a political outsider in Kentucky, the resolution suggests that Paul has won support even among establishment Republicans in the state.
Paul's filibuster delayed the confirmation of President Barack Obama's pick for CIA director, drawing national attention. In a resolution passed Sunday, the Kentucky GOP praised Paul for taking a principled stand that "ignited a grassroots phenomenon" across the country.