Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue March 12, 2013
KY GOP Recognizes Sen. Paul’s Filibuster
The Kentucky GOP executive committee has passed a resolution applauding U.S. Senator Rand Paul as a "shining example of Republican leadership" for last week's nearly 13-hour filibuster. Once a political outsider in Kentucky, the resolution suggests that Paul has won support even among establishment Republicans in the state.
Paul's filibuster delayed the confirmation of President Barack Obama's pick for CIA director, drawing national attention. In a resolution passed Sunday, the Kentucky GOP praised Paul for taking a principled stand that "ignited a grassroots phenomenon" across the country.