Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue March 12, 2013
KY GOP Recognizes Sen. Paul’s Filibuster
The Kentucky GOP executive committee has passed a resolution applauding U.S. Senator Rand Paul as a "shining example of Republican leadership" for last week's nearly 13-hour filibuster. Once a political outsider in Kentucky, the resolution suggests that Paul has won support even among establishment Republicans in the state.
Paul's filibuster delayed the confirmation of President Barack Obama's pick for CIA director, drawing national attention. In a resolution passed Sunday, the Kentucky GOP praised Paul for taking a principled stand that "ignited a grassroots phenomenon" across the country.