Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue March 12, 2013
KY GOP Recognizes Sen. Paul’s Filibuster
The Kentucky GOP executive committee has passed a resolution applauding U.S. Senator Rand Paul as a "shining example of Republican leadership" for last week's nearly 13-hour filibuster. Once a political outsider in Kentucky, the resolution suggests that Paul has won support even among establishment Republicans in the state.
Paul's filibuster delayed the confirmation of President Barack Obama's pick for CIA director, drawing national attention. In a resolution passed Sunday, the Kentucky GOP praised Paul for taking a principled stand that "ignited a grassroots phenomenon" across the country.