Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu January 9, 2014
KY Food Drive To Help Domestic Violence Victims
Kentucky first lady Jane Beshear is asking citizens to participate in the annual Shop & Share day, which collects food for domestic violence shelters.
The one-day drive will be held at Kroger, Food City and Super Dollar Discount Food stores in Kentucky on the Saturday of Super Bowl weekend, February 1.
Beshear says anyone can be affected by domestic violence. She says the goods drive is a way to help domestic violence shelters and victims.
On the day of the event, volunteers at each grocery store will provide a list of items needed at the shelters — such as canned foods, school supplies, toilet paper and soap. Money donations will also be accepted.
The contributions collected will be donated to 15 shelters across the state.