Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 17, 2014
KY First Lady Sponsors Art And Essay Contest
A contest sponsored by first lady Jane Beshear is inviting students around the state to submit original art work and essays.
The Governor's Mansion Centennial Visual Art and Essay Contest has a deadline of March 14 and a first prize in essay and art categories of $100.
The visual art contest is open to students in grades kindergarten through 12, and students can use any medium to interpret one of the visual art contest's themes.
Students must submit digital images of their work for judging. The essay contest is open to students in grades four through 12.
The Kentucky Governor's Mansion Centennial Committee and the Kentucky Department of Education are also sponsors of the contest. More information can be found at http://governorsmansion.ky.gov/centennial/contest/