Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue December 18, 2012
KY Fire Hazard Season Ends
Although Kentucky’s fall fire hazard season is officially over, state officials don’t want people to let their guard down yet. Division of Forestry Director Leah MacSwords says recent rain has helped but just a few dry days would make condition favorable for fires. MacSwords says people should continue to be cautious with outdoor burning.
The state’s fire hazard season runs from Oct. 1 to Dec. 15 in the fall and from Feb. 15 to April 30 in the spring. During those times outdoor burning is illegal from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. in or within 150 feet of any woodland.