Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed October 30, 2013
KY Fire Commission Offers Halloween Safety Tips
Children look forward to the fun and excitement of Halloween, but the Kentucky Fire Commission says everyone should remember to celebrate safely.
The commission's is advising trick or treaters to Wear bright, reflective and flame-resistant costumes and add reflective tape to be visible to drivers.
Stay in a group, and carry a cell phone and flashlight.
Don't go inside homes or cars for treats.
Responsible adults should accompany young children, while older kids should let someone know where they are going and when they'll return.
Be careful with candles near your door and check pathways to make sure they're clear. Also restrain pets from jumping or nipping at trick-or-treaters.
WKMS Press Releases