Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu November 14, 2013
KY Farm Bureau Want Sales Tax Exemption
Kentucky Farm Bureau President Mark Haney is again calling for lawmakers to provide an exemption from the state sales tax for products used in the horse industry.
Haney raised the issue in testimony to the Kentucky Legislature's Interim Agriculture Committee yesterday.
Senate Majority Floor Leader Damon Thayer, a Georgetown Republican, is among those who want to exempt horse farmers from paying sales taxes on products like feed and fencing.
They contend such an exemption would allow horse farmers to invest more in the industry that pumped almost $3 billion into the state's economy last year.
Haney urged lawmakers to take action in the legislative session that begins in January.