Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue September 3, 2013
KY Ethics Commission Wants To Limit Campaign Gifts
Kentucky’s Legislative Ethics Commission wants to prohibit campaign contributions.
The rule change would only affect employers of lobbyists and political action committees when the General Assembly is in session. The panel is asking lawmakers to approve that change when they convene in January. The proposal would broaden an existing law that prohibits lobbyists from contributing to legislative campaigns.
If passed, more than 650 companies employing lobbyists would no longer be able to contribute to lawmakers or legislative candidates during sessions, nor would more than 140 state-registered PACs.