Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue September 3, 2013
KY Ethics Commission Wants To Limit Campaign Gifts
Kentucky’s Legislative Ethics Commission wants to prohibit campaign contributions.
The rule change would only affect employers of lobbyists and political action committees when the General Assembly is in session. The panel is asking lawmakers to approve that change when they convene in January. The proposal would broaden an existing law that prohibits lobbyists from contributing to legislative campaigns.
If passed, more than 650 companies employing lobbyists would no longer be able to contribute to lawmakers or legislative candidates during sessions, nor would more than 140 state-registered PACs.