Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue September 3, 2013
KY Ethics Commission Wants To Limit Campaign Gifts
Kentucky’s Legislative Ethics Commission wants to prohibit campaign contributions.
The rule change would only affect employers of lobbyists and political action committees when the General Assembly is in session. The panel is asking lawmakers to approve that change when they convene in January. The proposal would broaden an existing law that prohibits lobbyists from contributing to legislative campaigns.
If passed, more than 650 companies employing lobbyists would no longer be able to contribute to lawmakers or legislative candidates during sessions, nor would more than 140 state-registered PACs.