Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue September 3, 2013
KY Ethics Commission Wants To Limit Campaign Gifts
Kentucky’s Legislative Ethics Commission wants to prohibit campaign contributions.
The rule change would only affect employers of lobbyists and political action committees when the General Assembly is in session. The panel is asking lawmakers to approve that change when they convene in January. The proposal would broaden an existing law that prohibits lobbyists from contributing to legislative campaigns.
If passed, more than 650 companies employing lobbyists would no longer be able to contribute to lawmakers or legislative candidates during sessions, nor would more than 140 state-registered PACs.