Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed October 17, 2012
Ky. Education Foundaties Files with State
Kentucky is following Colorado’s lead by starting a nonprofit education foundation to attract funding for innovative school programs. State Education Commissioner Terry Holliday is delivering paperwork today to the secretary of state’s office for the new Fund for Transforming Education. The nonprofit’s trustees will meet for the first time Thursday. The Department of Education worked with the Denver-based Colorado Legacy Foundation on the nonprofit. The Colorado group brings millions of dollars into the public school system with programs to improve students’ health and wellness.