Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri May 3, 2013
KY Education Department Says Testing To Resume Monday
Kentucky education officials say they've been assured technical glitches affecting proficiency tests administered online have been resolved, and testing is scheduled to resume Monday. The state Education Department suspended online testing Wednesday after problems were reported with slow or dropped connections experienced by students taking the computer-based tests in about 25 districts.
The agency says the test vendor, ACT Inc., reported the problem was with the system becoming overloaded and that the capacity has now been increased and no further problems are expected. Kentucky officials said the ACT problem also affected students in Alabama and Ohio. Students in Indiana, Minnesota and Oklahoma, which also experienced technical problems, contract with different vendors.