Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri June 14, 2013
KY education department OKs new K-12 science standards
The Kentucky Board of Education has approved new science standards for grades K through 12. They must now move through the regulatory process. The Commonwealth is among a coalition of twenty-six states that developed the standards that identify science and engineering content that all students through 12th grade must master to be prepared for college.
Republican State Senator Mike Wilson chairs the Senate Education Committee and the General Assembly’s Education Assessment and Accountability Review Subcommittee. He’s expressed concern over what he calls troubling assertions about climate change and evolution. But, Wilson says the science standards will get a fair and impartial hearing from the legislature.