Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri September 25, 2009
Ky. Ed. Commissioner Speaks on No Child Left Behind
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – This week, the Kentucky Department of Education released the 2009 No Child Left Behind Adequate Yearly Progress Report. It reveals some startling numbers: only 60 percent of Kentucky's schools are meeting math, reading and other goals outlined by the federal act. This marks a 13 percent drop from last year. Jacque Day speaks with Kentucky's education commissioner Terry Holliday to gain some insight on what these numbers mean, and their ramifications on our schools and communities.
No Child Left Behind Reports