Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri July 5, 2013
KY DoA Creates Wine Trail App
A new mobile phone app is helping guide wine lovers to Kentucky vineyards around the state. John Walker has the details. The free Kentucky Wine Trails app offers places to buy Kentucky wines and also takes them to the wineries dotted around the state.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture is promoting the app, which is available for Apple iOS and Google Android devices. It includes listings for 65 wineries and also takes users to the wineries' websites. Users can also sign up for a passport that they can have stamped at each winery stop. The state's grape and wine industry has grown from no wineries in 1990 to more than 65. The first Kentucky Commonwealth Commercial Wine Competition is scheduled for July 27 in Louisville.