Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri May 31, 2013
KY Democrats Still Looking For McConnell Challenger
Kentucky Democrats, still working on finding a challenger to U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, will meet next Thursday in Louisville at the annual Wendell Ford Dinner at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, will be the keynote speaker, but media attention likely will be on potential Democratic challengers to McConnell.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes and former Miss America Heather French Henry are on a short list of potential challengers. Environmental attorney Tom FitzGerald and former Democratic Party Chairman Bill Garmer also have said they may be interested in running. The filing deadline isn't until January 28, but candidates would need to begin raising money soon to compete with McConnell who, at last report, had raised $13 million.