Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 30, 2013
KY Creates New Education Position
The Kentucky Department of Education has created the new administrative position of chief of staff. The department announced yesterday Madison County superintendent Thomas Floyd has been named to the position, which pays $131,000 a year. Education Commissioner Terry Holliday says the position is needed because of new initiatives related to state-mandated public school reforms and the No Child Left Behind waiver. The chief of staff will also work with what Holliday calls stakeholders and partner groups. Floyd has been head of Madison County schools since 2008.