Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue April 30, 2013
KY Creates New Education Position
The Kentucky Department of Education has created the new administrative position of chief of staff. The department announced yesterday Madison County superintendent Thomas Floyd has been named to the position, which pays $131,000 a year. Education Commissioner Terry Holliday says the position is needed because of new initiatives related to state-mandated public school reforms and the No Child Left Behind waiver. The chief of staff will also work with what Holliday calls stakeholders and partner groups. Floyd has been head of Madison County schools since 2008.